Spring Sleep Inspirations! Time to Refresh, Refocus and Rejuvenate at Home.
Spring is absolutely my favorite season! Living in the Midwest, I look forward to watching the outdoors wake-up after a long winter. As nature revives and reinvigorates itself, I feel inspired to refresh my life as well! While April weather kicks off with spring sun and showers, in my home we’re enjoying planning spring activities including parties on the deck, boating in Delavan Lake Wisconsin, and that first ride in the Corvette after months in storage. Before those adventures begin, however, April is also the time I start thinking about spring cleaning! If you’re feeling cooped up, opening the windows, and giving your home a deep clean in the spring is a great way to get ready for those sunny summer days ahead.
Spring cleaning tips for a refreshed sleep space
Even though the days are getting longer and the mornings brighter, we still spend much of our time at home in the bedroom. If you’ve created a comfortable, cozy sleep space to help get you through the cold winter months, it may be time for a refresh to kick-off spring. When you’re tackling your to-do list for spring cleaning, prioritize the room where you spend most of your time, which helps ensure you start the day refreshed and ready for whatever each one brings.
1) You should really be washing sheets and bedding once every two weeks to reduce allergens in the bedroom. According to the Mayo Clinic wash all sheets, blankets, pillowcases and bedcovers in hot water that is at least 130 F (54.4 C) to kill dust mites and remove allergens.
2) For pillows, which can get lumpy or difficult to wash, refresh by placing them in the dryer for at least 15 minutes at a medium or high temperature to reach above 130 F (54.4 C) to kill the allergens. An even easier way to keep your pillows clean is to add a pillow protector which can be washed and replaced in a snap! You might enjoy my SleepSmart Waterproof Pillow Protector which I designed to absorbs odors without added chemicals to keep your sleep surface smelling fresh until your next wash.
3) Give all your bedroom surfaces and the corners of your room a good dusting and clean the inside and outside of your windows to let the light in!
4) Disinfect surfaces like light switches and phone charging cradles. Vacuum the heating ducts to remove dust and clean your overhead lights and fan blades with a cloth.
Updating the unsung hero of your sleep environment this spring
Do you change out your bedding for spring and summer? If you have lighter materials or spring colored sheets and duvet covers, it’s time to get them out to enjoy this year. Summer weighted duvet inserts are another quick way to update your bedding for summer temperatures.
Spring cleaning is a great time to replace your mattress pad as well. Face it, can you remember the last time you washed your mattress pad, or changed it out for a new one? Believe me, the mattress pad is the unsung hero of the sleep environment! If it’s been a hot minute since you got a new one, you’ll notice a big leap in sleep tech impacting just how much a mattress pad can help you rest easy this spring.
● Did you know your mattress pad can help regulate your temperature during sleep? SleepSmart™ bedding continuously adjusts to help maintain a climate of personal comfort all night long. Combined with a fill of 60% antimicrobial polyester and 40% 37.5® performance fiber blend that works to eliminate allergen and bacteria-driven odors, this mattress pad works hard for you!
● Sleepsmart also offers a Technology Temperature Regulating Waterproof Mattress Protector, with two layers of dry protection. The waterproof lining is soft and whisper-quiet, and the diamond pattern sleep surface allows air to flow for better sleep.
● One of the features I like best in the Sleep Number True Temp™ Mattress Layer is the corner anchor bands that hold it in place, and Logic™ Label that helps take the guesswork out of where to start making your bed. This mattress pad updates your mattress without buying a new one – adding an additional soft layer and temperature regulation tech.
I am ready for spring! According to London fashion week, we’re going to see some bright colors in this year’s spring lines. I am ready to add some pop to my wardrobe and my bedding too. I’m most excited about unconventional new blues, pastel pinks, and bright oranges. Once I finish my spring cleaning, I’ll be ready to air out some new color pallets in my bedroom for summer. This is going to be a great Spring!
Sleep Tonight. Create Tomorrow!