Favorite Things that Make Fall Cozy
We are heading into perhaps the coziest season of the year. The weather is turning cooler and that brings out the colors, tastes and textures to match. Autumn is a great time to revisit, reinvent and renew your goals and dreams including you how you sleep. I especially love the fall air. With the air conditioning off, and windows open you’ll find letting the cooler fall fresh air into the house will set the stage for better sleep. There’s more oxygen in outside air, and more oxygen increases serotonin levels, which can make you feel more comfortable. Everything on this list speaks comfort into my life. Let me know what it is you like best about this time of year.
· Warm apple cider –Keep a crockpot in the kitchen and it smells better than any candle. I like mine with cinnamon and a little spiked on the chilly fall nights. What do you mix into yours?
· Apple picking—The best type of orchard combines, along with apple picking, the hay ride out to trees, a corn maze and inside the nearby barn, apple cider donuts! There’s so many fun ones in the Chicagoland area.
· Leaf peeping—No photo of Fall colors can compare with seeing it for yourself. There are lots of maple trees around me, and these leaves in particular are visually stunning with the greens, reds, oranges and yellows. I took this photo up in St.Charles, IL.
· Pie baking—Of course if you go apple picking, you will wind up with apples begging to be used in crumble, turnovers or of course, pie and apple is a favorite. Of course it wouldn’t be fall without the Costco pumpkin pie, another favorite! But the important question remains…warmed up with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream? Or not?
· Cozy sweaters—Sweater weather. Two of the best words that help define this season. They’re great for layering, go with almost everything and of course, the right sweater can feel like you’re wearing a hug.
· The pumpkin patch—I might not wait for the Great Pumpkin to appear, like Linus in the epic Charlie Brown special, but I do enjoy choosing my own pumpkin and a collection of gourds to decorate my home. Cat Scratch Creations makes the most adorable crochet ones.
· Anything plaid—If you spend any amount of time outdoors, you’re sure to run into someone wearing a plaid shirt. I don’t know if it’s the fact that plaid often pairs with flannel, a very comfortable fabric, or it’s the traditionalist in me, but I do love plaid.
· Comfort foods—A good soup or stew warming on the stove and suffusing the house with delicious smells, cannot be beat. One of my favorite fall soups is beef and barley. I have great memories of my Grandma Lottie making this for me.
· Soft drizzling rain—Have you ever curled up on the sofa with a good book on a cool, rainy afternoon? I like the windows to be open when a gentle rain is falling—the pattering and rhythmic sound the drops make soothes and calms the nerves.
· Comforters—Time to bring in the product push. Actually, I personally LOVE the chance to pull out my favorite comforter for the bed. It really is one of my favorite things about Fall. If you’d like to treat yourself to a new one, please consider my latest down filled comforter, the Sleepsmart™ 37.5® Technology Temperature Regulating Down Blend Duvet Insert. Made with a revolutionary blend of 37.5® Technology for a boost temperature regulation so you always sleep at the perfect temperature. Excess heat and humidity is a concern of the past. There a beautiful loft to catch your eye, while not being too bulky to sleep under. You can read more about the inspiration behind this comforter at my website.
About Sleep Innovator, Tracy Miller
Tracy Miller is a trusted inventor and innovator of dynamic, technology driven, and comfortable products for the home, and founder of Inventive Sleep™. Her engaging brands are found in millions of homes and hotels across the country. As a Sleep Products Innovator, Tracy is dedicated to helping people realize their dreams and goals starting with a great night’s sleep. Her reputation for combining proven and modern materials in everyday products including sheets, pillows, comforters, blankets and mattress pads, adds exciting new comfort and performance qualities consumers love to incorporate into their homes. Tracy is also the author of the weekly sleep blog Sleep Secrets and Inspirations. In it, she shares her expertise on materials research and design, and demystifies the sleep experience with an informative and fun-filled conversation on how sleep helps people with daily living, as well as some of her tips and tricks on picking your favorite products. For more information, visit www.inventivesleep.com. Sleep Tonight. Create Tomorrow.™